Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Paint For Inside Microwave Oven

clipped

Don't know how the oil film would hold up. Only a rust through would let
microwaves out. Cheap for a basic unit, not so cheap if used as an
excuse to upgrade to an Advantium or similar. Of course the old unit
could migrate to the workshop for reheating coffee while working on a
project.

I started a fire in my microwave once, thawing a loaf of bread and had
forgotten to take off the
metal twist tie. My son asked, "What's burning?" I said, "What do you
mean?" He pointed at
the microwave and the flaming bread wrapper. Very small amount of
flame, and no damage done.
So, that leads me to ask about exposed metal inside the mw.....dangerous?