Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Paint For Inside Microwave Oven

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:36:56 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Our kitchen's GE microwave oven is still working fine, but the white
paint on the oven floor is cracked and peeling off where the rollers on
the round three wheeled carriage under the rotating glass dish have been
rolling over it for a few years now.

The bare steel is exposed and getting slightly rusted and the peeling
paint trail is widening. Its appearance mildly annoys me every time I
see it.

Anone know what paint(s) are suitable for brushing over the worn area to
improve appearances? Perhaps one of those little brush top bottles of
white appliance touch up paint would do the trick.

I'm thinking that because the paint is right up against a metal surface
it probably can't absorb much of the microwave energy and get heated anyway.

Thanks guys,

Jeff

I'd wipe the rusted area with a little cooking oil or shortening and
forget about repair work. Most of my appliances working over 15
years look a little worn too (cooktops, dishwasher racks, dented sink,
etc), but glad they still work fine. Glad Martha S. doesn't live
here.