Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:40:58 -0300, Paul M. Eldridge
wrote:

With regards to natural gas, the Nymex Henry Hub price is up 6 per
cent this week, trading at $10.59 per MM BTU -- this price has
*doubled* in the past eight months alone. With further expected
declines in conventional and LNG imports, and as we start to move into
the hot summer months when utilities run their gas generators flat out
to meet increased air conditioning loads, we can expect even greater
upward pressure on price.

This Bloomberg news item just came over the wire. It tells us Goldman
Sachs has revised its forecast for natural gas prices this coming
winter to $13.00 per MM BTU, up from $10.50 -- a 24 per cent increase
over their previous estimate. Don't be surprised if this projection
gets ratcheted-up further if we have another hot summer and storage
levels remain below their five-year historical averages.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...M&refer=energy

If you haven't already taken steps to reduce your home's energy
demands, I wouldn't advise putting it off much longer.

Cheers,
Paul