Posted to alt.electronics,alt.guitar.amplifiers,aus.electronics
a.busker a.busker is offline

Default Q: Make an amplifier battery powered?

Hi. I want to purchase a really nice acoustic amp, for street performance.
I've tried all the various busker amps available, the Crate Taxi, the
Fender Amp-Can, but unfortunately they're not good enough for the sort of
stuff I want to do. There's the AER Compact Mobile, which is good enough,
but far too expensive IMO.

I'm considering the Roland AC-60

http://www.roland.com/products/en/AC-60/index.html

Unfortunately, it's not battery powered.

Is my only option, therefore, to carry around a big car battery and an
inverter?

Somebody told me that on some amps you can get technician to bypass the
power supply, so you can run it off batteries. Is that plausible?

--
token signature