Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Surprising increase in truck MPG

RCM only

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:04:29 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus15242 quickly quoth:

On 2008-04-18, wrote:

Or maybe they were selling gasohol (10% ethanol) and stopped.

So, is "gasohol" really that much less energy dense???

Yes, it is. I just realized why my mileage went from 14 down to 12.4.
Oregon (Fred Meyer fuel stations in particular) just switched to
gasohol between my first and second tankfuls. I noticed the same
thing with my Ford in CA when filling at various stations, some with
and some without ethanol. It was a 10% or more difference every time.
The Ford pinged less on gasohol but, at these prices, I'd much prefer
the real gas, TYVM.

--
The only difference between a rut and a grave...is in their dimensions.
-- Ellen Glasglow