Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Disabling tap function in synaptics touchpad

"Dan" wrote in
:

"bz" wrote in message
98.139...
"Dan" wrote in
news
"bz" wrote in message
98.139...

Have you checked the manufacturer's website for drivers?
MOST companies have drivers that can be downloaded and installed.

No drivers, uses the MS plug & play drivers, which have no settings
for a touchpad.

http://www.adesso.com/keyboard_drivers.asp

download the drivers for your keyboard from their web site.
Download the manual and read it.
If you STILL have problem, contact their support people.

Speaking of "required reading", did you READ THIS THREAD at all?

Did you even bother to LOOK AT what's available for the model in
question on the very link you supplied before posting it???

There is not a point in your post that isn't incorrect, and that I
haven't covered AT LEAST ONCE in this discussion.

I AM trying to help. I hate the tap to click also.

I missed the fact that the driver page showed a little icon that said
'windows drivers'
rather than actually leading to a driver because I didn't try to download
the driver and didn't look closely at the icon.
My bad. Sorry about that.

I also didn't bother to download the manual and read through it.
My bad. Sorry about that.

But then you never said YOU downloaded the manual and it gave no help.

There does appear to be one point you have not covered, contacting their
support people.

Have you contacted or 800-467-1195?
If you covered that, I missed reading it. Sorry about that.

You and Adrian seem to have a bit of a short fuse.
I missed a couple of points but I didn't call anyone names.

Make sure YOU know what YOU'RE talking about before you shoot your mouth
off & imply SOMEONE ELSE isn't doing their homework.

Simply saying 'I said I tried that already' would have been sufficient,
there is really no need losing one's temper.

If you had said something like
[hypothetical quote]
checked company web site
Driver page shows only 'use windows drivers'
downloaded manual
Same as the useless manual that came with the keyboard
[end hypothetical quote]

It would have prevented some misunderstanding on my part, but missing IS my
fault.
Sorry about that.

You still have not made clear whether you tried to contact the company.
I am trying that because you haven't said that you tried it.
Their auto-answer-bot doesn't give much hope, but there may be a later
answer from a human being that is more helpful.
I can't call the 1 800 number right now but it is worth trying.

--
bz

infinite set.