Rumpty

Default Porter Cable 690 router mounted to TS extension, do I use plunge base or standard

The 690 with standard base is a great set up for a router table. The twist
base makes adjustments easily. It's a simple no hassle work horse.

--

Rumpty

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
I am looking at buying a Porter cable 690 router possible with the
opitional plunge base.

My plan is to mount it under my table saw extension and from time to
time use it as a freehand router

When I mount it under my table saw which base do I use? I was
inititially planing on using the standard base under the table. But I
have some concerns....

Can I get a micro adjustment with a standard base? My plan was
initially to get something that can micro adjust from the bottom and
convert it to a router raizer type setup later when I get some more
cash. However when looking at the router raizer site it appears they
only work with the plunge version.

If I use the standard base is there a way to micro adjust it from the
bottom? And is there a way to convert it to a top adjustable setup
later for under $100. I know jessem makes a $200 router lift but was
wondering if there is anything in the $100 range that works with
standard (non-plunge) routers?