Bill Wallace

Default Dovetails and chipout

If this good birch or other ply then using a backup board might be a
good approach. If this is just home depot 1/2 ply it will probably
just chip away regardless.

"danh" wrote in message t...
Ok,

I am new to the whole dovetail thing. I bought the Rockler dovetail jig on
a whim for some drawers I am building. The drawers are being made out of
half inch plywood. The problem is that during the routing of the dovetails
i get a huge amount of chipout on the (forget terminology) pins. Basically
the sides of the drawers. No matter what I have tried it keeps chipping.
Is there a trick? Can i back up the piece in the jig with a scrap piece of
wood without ruining the properties of the jig?

danh