Posted to alt.home.repair
Gre0145 Gre0145 is offline

Default Well Water Problem

I just noticed that my washer was taking hours to fill. I cleaned the
filter on the back and it was clogged with mud looking stuff. I then
noticed that after flushing the toilet that the same particles where
in that water as well. Not real thick but you could see them sitting
on the toilet bottom. What is this? I've cleaned my filter on the
washing machine 3 times now just for one load. This appears to be
pretty serious. Anyone have any ideas what this may be and how to fix?
I live in NC and we have been plauged by severe drought for the past
year. It's gotten better over the last 3 months so could the water
table lowering or rising have any impact on this problem?