Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Follow-up on What is this?

What voltage is supplied by the satellite receiver to a Direct TV
antenna? I need to provide the same voltage to something else.

Or should I just start somewhere and work my way up until there is
antenna output? 6 volts?, 9 volts? X volts? DC, I suppose, not AC.

A few weeks ago I asked here what was the strange thing on the Direct
TV dish I found in the trash, and you graciously explained that it was
probably a VHF/UHF tv antenna.

Indeed it was, one not provided by Direct TV, and I just came across
it on the RadioShack amplified antenna search. It's a Terk TV-44.
RS sells it for 70 dollars (though I think it's available a little
cheaper elswhere) RS also sells the thing with the white translucent
plastic cap at the focal point of the dish, for 50 dollars.

So this trashy thing was worth about 120 dollars. I gave away the
white translucent thing, but I'd like to use the tv antenna.

The notes I've found for this say that the antenna is meant to be
powered from the satellite receiver, which I don't have, of course,
and I don't know how much voltage that would be.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)