Posted to alt.home.repair
WPB WPB is offline

Default Chimney repair: who do I believe?

I'm just another "other people" -- why would you put any credence in
my response?

Well, isn't that the point of newsgroups? Not necessarily to take to heart
every comment everyone leaves, but rather just to see what people have to
say, what their opinions are, suggestions and advice.

In any event, I realize that it's all but impossible to give good advice
without actually seeing the situation. I just thought someone might be
able to say "I had the bottom of my chimney repaired/stabilized and you can
expect to spend around $1,000. Not $175 and not $4,000."

That's all.

David