Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Removing non-stick coating to salvage a pan?

"I'll continue to use my Teflon pans for the tasks for which they're
suited,
my stainless-steel pans for their tasks, and my cast iron when it's
suitable.

Cindy Hamilton"

It's a free country.

The BIG danger in using them is when you accidentally overheat them. The
fumes that come off can do a JOB on your lungs. That's happened to me WAY
back when I was single. I ended up with a "cold" that resulted in my
missing a week of work.

I do a lot of cooking. While I wish I had some good iron pans, the SS pans
(with Al sandwich or Cu bottom) serve quite well for most things.

I still use a smal "non-stick" for omlets. My SS "omlet" pan just doesn't
even come close to the "non-stick".