Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Disabling tap function in synaptics touchpad

"Andy Cuffe"
You could check Synaptic's site for a driver. It wouldn't be specific
to your keyboard, but they might have something that would work with
it.
Andy Cuffe

Andy - I tried that, the driver doesn't recognize the presence of a
touchpad. Inside the keyboard, there's a circuit that apparently takes all
keystrokes/touchpad actions, converts them to the equivalent basic MS plug &
play keyboard/mouse actions, then transmits them to the USB RF receiver.
There doesn't appear to be a software way of diong this with this setup,
which is why I was looking for an electronic (hardware) solution.

Dan