Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John John is offline

Default Anybody out There?

In message
,
" writes

The problem I have today is I am off to collect a second lathe, though
as its 3phase I need to sort out a phase converter ideally with speed
control.

I copied this from another thread on the woodworking ng, and it might
be helpful to you in purchasing the new 3 phase machine.

I just collected it , cost a small fortune at $10

****************************
You might consider buying a VFD to run it instead of putting the
money into a motor. You can buy one VFD and use it to power several 3
phase machines, one at a time. Great deal for a one man shop. With 3
phase available you open up a new world of machines you can buy often
buy cheap, and sometimes

are not offered in single phase. No affiliation but try here.
http://www.driveswarehouse.com

That's one of my next steps , determine the cost against just changing
the motor. Or selling both lathes towards something even bigger

You have to "make" time. Collecting stuff including wood and new
tools is very time consuming!

I have my days planned as soon as there is room to work and its a lot
warmer 9am turning till 12 BBQ then relax till the next day

Stay with us John, and let us know how things are progressing across
the pond.

I am sure I will be around for a while , unless I buy too many tools

--
John