Posted to alt.home.repair
Manjo Manjo is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton Engine Problem

On Apr 16, 11:31*pm, gpsman wrote:
On Apr 16, 10:30 pm, Manjo wrote:

the
engine still will not stay running for more than 30 - 40 seconds.

Got to be spark or fuel, sounds like fuel. *Assuming this is a 2-
cycle, how's the fuel mix? *I always like to check the simplest thing
first.

Other than that, you'll have to hold it up to the interweb so I can
hear it.
*-----

- gpsman

gpsman,

Nope, I wish it were. It's a 4-cycle.

I have unlimited web phone. I could call you, but I think I can
describe just as well:
It starts normally and revs up fine. The governor is NOT NOT pulling
the throttle butterfly closed. After 4-5 seconds of running fine, the
rpms start to drop and within 10-15 seconds the rpms drop to zero.
When it dies, sometimes there's a small puff of exhaust out the carb,
and once I could feel a slight spray-back of fuel out of the carb.

Manjo (see other replies below)