Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Modifying solar landscape lights

On Apr 11, 10:55 am, rush14 wrote:
I'm wanting to install some solar powered landscape lights but I don't
like the orange colored LEDs or the bluish tint of the so called white
LEDs.

I was thinking of buying some of the solar lights advertised as super
bright white LEDs and replacing the LEDs with what are referred to as
super bright warm white LEDs. The low voltage powered lights are not
an option.

I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
Rush

This may be a bit off topic but at least I'm not hawking Chinese made
handbags or porno videos.

I just received some neutral white LED's from LED Supply. I am really
happy with them. I got some Luxeon K2's and some 5mm Led's which were
about .90 ea. The K2's have a slighty different focus so different
lens is needed compared to the I,III, V types. warmer Led's don't have
the Lumens
output of the blue types, but the warm effect out ways the loss.

greg