Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] else24@gmail.com is offline

Default A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper.

On Apr 14, 9:32 am, BoyntonStu wrote:
As an aside, if either of us got hurt for any reason while we were
cutting our plywood, which one of us would have to lie to collect the
insurance?

Neither, but I am willing to bet that keeping feet and hands further
away from from the blade is safer than up close.

I hope neither of us have to find out but I suspect that as soon as
the insurance company found out about your gadget they'd immediately
say you had modified the say beyond its intended use and cancel
payment.

I would even go so far as to say that every saw manufacturer would
also say that, and refuse any warranty work on a saw modified in this
manner.

Both would happen regardless of whether the modification itself is
safe or not. Doesn't matter whether you or I are right about whether
it's safe. Insurance and manufacturer would both use it as an excuse
to renege.