Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JD[_2_] JD[_2_] is offline

Default Anybody out There?

I remember the other week "is wood turning addictive" I categorically say
no Just because I now have virtually all the woodworking tools I
wanted, and a small metalworking lathe to go with it. Again I say No, not
addictive

The problem I have today is I am off to collect a second lathe, though as
its 3phase I need to sort out a phase converter ideally with speed
control. And then Saturday more tree trunks arriving which will need
processing.

Definitly not! I don't see you doing anything at all that might be
considered addicting. And everyone needs multiple lathes because if one goes
down, you should have a backup. And there is no problem with huge stock
piles of wood either, if you never get to turn it, you can always use it to
keep the house warm.
Addicting? Absolutely not, I call it practical, smart, planning ahead,
building for the future.

Good luck with you new found addiction, err I mean hobby.

JD