Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default glueing plastic tubing underwater

newshound wrote:
"Jenny" wrote in message

Hi what would be the best glue to use to glue plastic tubing to small
plastic pots that would be full of water. I was going to use silicone
sealant but it says not to use in permanently damp conditions. The joint
would in water all the time.

Fish-tanks are glued with silicone. The warning is probably about the
tendency for cheap silicones to grow mould in damp air.

silicones for bathroom use are loaded with fillers, and not the same
as fish tank preparations.

But I agree the idea of gluing pipes to the pots sounds weird. A
timed misting system is another option, you dont need nearly as
much plumbing then.

NT