Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O Greg O is offline

Default A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper.

"BoyntonStu" wrote in message
On Apr 16, 9:55 pm, "Greg O" wrote:
"BoyntonStu" wrote in message

Have you ever experienced a kickback or a lift using a circular saw?

I have worn out several in my lifetime and I have yet to see any
difficulty in this arena.

Hence, my 'gadget'.

Kickback or "lift" from a circular saw? More times than I could possibly
count! A couple times just the other day!
Greg

Greg,

What were you cutting and please explain your setup.

Cutting up old flooring I was ripping out.
Last summer I ripped some treated pine boards for a deck.
Both times I had trouble with binding, the saw wanted to kick back and lift
out of the cut.

You know, it is funny. You built a saw extension handle that you think is
the best thing since sliced bread, and pretty much everyone here says no way
they would use it! Seems to be an indicator of sorts.
Have fun with your new gizmo, and I hope you don't cut your leg off with the
thing! There is no way I would ever use it!
Greg