Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Matt W. Barrow Matt W. Barrow is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Matt W. Barrow" wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message
$ 3.09? You must be living in a time warp. Look at our prices in San
Diego.
At 3.87, and climbing every day.

Mostly because of Mr. Greenspan and his insane "monetary
accommodation".
The dollar has lost 30% of its value and, naturally, we have to pay
more
dollars for the same amount of oil.

But just 16 months ago, many of us were paying just over $2.00 a gallon
in
many areas.

Greenspan's "monetary accomodation" began in the late 90's and continues
today. So why the CURRENT price surge, and why did it take so long to hit
home?

The price of gas, like all things, is being manipulated by the puppet
masters of the world. According to the Wall Street Journal, if based on
supply and demand, it would be about $1.50.

OPEC.

In California there are two
refineries, and they take turns shutting down for one phony reason or
another, to artificially exacerbate the "shortage."

Wow! Right out of the late 1970's.