Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tmclone@searchmachine.com is offline

Default Beware Allstate

On Apr 16, 10:04*am, Frank wrote:
Beware Allstate. *My house was built in 1993 and met all building
codes at that time. *Now I have wind damage and they will not cover
damage because the roof is not up to current code. *We are simply
talking about the nailing strip on a single and its relationship with
the glue strip. *I've had several roofers tell me that this is the way
roofs were put on at the time and the code has changed since. *If this
is allowed then I'm not sure it pays to have insurance. I'm putting on
a new roof out of my pocket and leaving Allstate and will never return.

Must be where you live. I've had Allstate for 22 years, and my house
was built in the early 1800s. My house has practically nothing "to
code", but I had no problem when I had a water damage claim. There was
damage to the electical wires which were not "up to code", so Allstate
paid to re-wire the damaged area and replace all the outlets and
switches. They didn't cover the plumbing, because that's what caused
the damage. They did, however, pay me thousands to repair the
electric, re-plaster a ceiling, replace a wall and two rooms of
hardwood floors, paint, wallpaper, etc.