Posted to rec.woodworking
cm cm is offline

Default I admit it, I suck

Yup you suck.

Here is an old iron forum: http://www.owwm.org/viewforum.php?f=1

and here are motors on eBay:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=

More parts he
http://www.renovoparts.com/store/com...?idCategory=55

I have a 1950's Unisaw I bought a few months ago. I was going to sell it
because there is no room in my shop for it. My wife says it can be stored in
HER garage.

Have fun,

cm

"marc rosen" wrote in message
Hey All,
I picked up a '63 Unisaw today from a public school auction and it is
in great shape. Included was the old type flip up blade guard ,
retractable splitter, and a perfect Jet-Lock fence and rails and table
wings. Three phase machine but I plan to get a new motor for it and
set it up in my garage once it's restored.
There was an amazing display of various colored sawdusts inside. It
looks like it was used to cut plastics and wood.
I also got the remnants of a 6x48 belt sander for $60. Not much left
of the sander but the 1&1/2 hp motor (Delta, 120/230V wired for 120
with a 120V starter ) purred like a lion. That motor will probably go
on my "not yet running" gap bed lathe.
I am looking forward to theis Uni restoration- i think it will be a
lot of fun.
Marc (it's not like I have a lot of time on my hands, but I
really wanted to do this for a few years now)