Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lawnmower switches?

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:53:31 GMT, spamlet wrote:

Odd really, as I would have expected to see every garden centre with
oodles of cheap generic replacements, all hanging up and ready to go. I
suppose its because these days, a garden is just another fashion item to
spend money on, and when the slightest thing goes wrong with a piece of
kit, its just an excuse to buy the latest.

"Garden Centres" are fashion based, what you need to find is a Garden
Machinery Centre or an Agricultural Supplier that deals with small garden
stuff as well.

The other factor apart from fashion is that most people wouldn't have a
clue where to start in repairing something unless it can be done with a
nothing more complicated than a roll of sticky tape. Mind you with a bit
of ingenuity I bet you could fashion a dead mans handle switch from
insulation tape and a couple of wires...

--
Cheers
Dave.