Posted to uk.d-i-y
spamlet spamlet is offline

Default Lawnmower switches?

"Cicero" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:19:00 +0000, spamlet wrote:
==================================
Might be something he

http://www.espares.co.uk/

Cic.

Hi Cicero,
It looks as though the suppliers have increased since last I checked, and
espares now has a range of components, and 'kits' for repairing the
switchbox, but I can't see (though there is a lot to browse through) any
whole switchbox assemblies.

Changing tactic, and just using google to search for 'lawnmower +switch',
gets one into espares 'by the back door as it were', and comes up with a 6A
250V switch, and a lever, which I may be able to create something of, if I
can't lay my hands on a complete item.

Most of the other links end up back at espares; and a little way down the
list comes the very pricey Bartram, who were the only suppliers last time I
looked.

Odd really, as I would have expected to see every garden centre with oodles
of cheap generic replacements, all hanging up and ready to go. I suppose
its because these days, a garden is just another fashion item to spend money
on, and when the slightest thing goes wrong with a piece of kit, its just an
excuse to buy the latest.

Thanks for the tip,