Posted to uk.d-i-y
spamlet spamlet is offline

Default Lawnmower switches?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 23:41:27 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote:

I bet if you have a look at the innards of the existing you should be
able to bodge a standard microswitch or something similar to do the
same job, possibly better than the original.

I was thinking the same but pay close attention to the switch ratings and
the motor power you don't want a "dead mans handle" switch getting its
contacts welded together...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Thanks chaps: but I have no innards to play with on this occasion. The
mower 'handle' is devoid of the entire switch assembly (possibly someone
else must have pinched it for yet another mower!).

Handy tip though.