Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buying a stove Installing the cord

"Terry" wrote in message
I looked at a stove at Home Depot the other day. I was ready to buy
one. They have "free" delivery and they carry away the existing
stove.

The stove I was looking at was around 600 bucks. The "free" delivery
was a gift card that you had to use in the store.

Then they wanted to charge me another 15 bucks for the cord. I
said...why can't you use the one that is on the existing stove.

They said it would void the warrantee. I walked out.

Well you are now off to a good start. Try your local reputable dealer and
you'll find you can get the same services and pay about the same. The big
box stores don't have any bargains.

You may or may not need a new cord as that depends on what you have. At
$15, it is a typical price for them. Many small dealers now belong to
buying co-ops such as Brand Source, and offer the same prices as the big box
stores and usually offer far better service. Next day delivery? My local
dealer often delivers the same day if you are in early.