Posted to rec.woodworking
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default Spam in this group, Why us?

On Apr 15, 5:49 pm, "efgh" wrote:
"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in ...

On Apr 14, 1:33 pm, "efgh" wrote:
"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

. ..

I subscribe to about eight usenet newsgroups that reflect my various
interests, and they have varying degrees of spam. Some have none,
some have a little and then there is rec.woodworking the champion by
far.

Here is their toll free number, 1-888-765-3990 according to their
website.
I'd call them and ask to speak to their spam department.

Uh, whose number is that?

Globalreplica.com.

Well if their business strategy is based on trademark infringement
I rather doubt that they are concerned about spam.

But

1) at least the call will be on their nickle.

2) It ties up one of their lines for a while.

I note that their automate answering system pronounces their
name 'glob all replica'!!!

--

FF