Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Mixing metals in water pipes

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I'm afraid you are wrong there, dpb. the electrical connection between the
two dissimilar metals does NOT have to be in the (wet) electrolyte area.

I _said_ there's still a potential. But it's still visible for inspection and
it's still the lesser of the evils -- the electrical ground has to be made.

They attach a zinc block to metal parts underwater on boats - sometimes even
with a wire going to an above water connection point. This reduces corrosion of
all the metal connected to it. The corrosion does not just occur at the
connection point. Connect a metal from the other end of the chart the same way -
everything would corrode faster, right?