Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default Lawnmower switches?

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:07:42 GMT, "spamlet"
wrote:

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:19:00 GMT, "spamlet"
wrote:

I have been given quite a powerful Flymo and would like to use it without
forking out ten times what it's actually worth from the manufacturer to
buy
a 'dead man's switch' for it.

snip

Have you tried your local tip?

That was quick Stephen!

I have eyed up the skips at the local tip but that puts me in a dilemma, as
I may well (in all likelihood will) be getting yet another mower that I can
also fix and won't want to destroy one to cure the other. I hate chucking
out stuff that still works but for a little tweak... (Which is how I came
to have a shed full of pushbikes even though I'll probably never be fit
enough to ride them again!)

I'll just have to learn to be a consumer I suppose!

Aye, I know what you mean - I have a 'collection' of around half a
dozen mowers at the moment...only one of which I know definitely
works, and one other that probably/hopefully works. The rest are 'too
good to throw away', all bar the Tecumseh engined jobby with the
plastic chassis ( poxy thing ).

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk