Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15568 Ignoramus15568 is offline

Default Did bad rivets cause sinking of Titanic

On 2008-04-15, spaco wrote:
Thanks for the post. I was one of the donors of period wrought iron
for the comparison testing. They (NIST)told me at the time that they'd
keep me informed but I never heard from them.

Wow.

So, did you provide a good rivet or the one with too much slag?

Care to share anything?

Pete Stanaitis

Ignoramus15568 wrote:
The article does not amount to proof, but it is interesting. Another
one mentioned that if quality welding was available and used to make
the hull, then it would not open up the way it did due to the
collision.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/15/sc...15titanic.html