Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Sandman[_2_] Mr Sandman[_2_] is offline

Default Electronics advice pls.

"Clive George" wrote in message
"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
Hi all,

its been a while since I played with electronics, so could do with some
advice.

I have 2 magnetic door locks, keypad operated to control access into my
house. I also have a mains power smoke alarm system.

what I want to do is use a relay operated by the smoke alarm when
sounding to turn off the mag locks to allow people to leave with out
having to get their fobs out.

Mmm. So to break into your house, I stick a smoke bomb in and I can open
the doors?

cheers,
clive

Yep, a very common method of breaking into houses I'm sure.

Steve