Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Draining heating system

Lobster wrote:
newshound wrote:
Don't have a wet vac.
Get one! Really useful for all sorts of plumbing jobs apart from
radiators. The Earlex is good, about £40 as a Wickes brand, or same
price from Screwfix as an Earlex.

Beat me to it! Only use them a few times a year but SO useful.
Typically when moving radiators, unblocking washing machine fluff
filter, and emptying gullies.

I have one too but use it a lot more than that - in *dry* mode it
serves as an effective conventional vaccuum cleaner (or had you
forgotten that?!) I use mine for h/d DIY stuff so the normal
household cleaber just gets the lighter stuff.

I've only ever used mine for wet pick up, but I'm off to Wickes first thing
to buy the combination filter. Found an adaptor whilst clearing out the
workshop that connects the vac perfectly to my circular saw!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk