Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Hemmings Peter Hemmings is offline

Default Bosch SDS Drill - top end maintenance

Hi,

I have a small sds drill that's given me good service over the years,
but now it seems to be getting difficult to get into its "Hammer
Action" without "pushing it around" against a wall/object (sorry for
non-tech term!).
I was in a Bosch dealer today and he said it needed a top end overhaul
(replacing rubber o-rings and re-greasing, cost about ££2 + vat.

Can this be done easily or are special tools required?
Do bosch sell repair kits (the bosch man said I could not do it!)?

Anyone attempted to do this overhaul?

Thanks