Posted to alt.home.repair
William Hufham William Hufham is offline

Default Flickering lights on one circuit

Hi, I recently (March 01/08) had the same problem... Now my home is
burned to the ground. I would highly recommend you get an electrician to
locate the probem NOW! Mine turned out to be a old breaker not
functioning properly. But it can be a number of things. But it sounds
like you have an open neutral. THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS DO NOT DELAY!!!
Three or four hundred dollars (probably less) would have saved
everything. (thousands) If I had been asleep I would have died. It
burned so fast I could not do anything at all. All game plans are
nonsense. It' gets too hot too quick to get within 50 feet. The whole
place was fully ingulfed in flames within 10 minutes. Luckily no life
was lost but I lost everything I owned for 30 years. I went to my
friends house (an elecrtician) on Sunday to see if he would look at it.
He was out of town. It burned Monday morning around 12:00 pm It was the
most horrifing experience you can possibly imagine!!! I was warned on
one of these disscussion groups just like I am warning you. I delayed.
DO NOT DELAY!!! Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach NC)