Posted to rec.woodworking
BoyntonStu BoyntonStu is offline

Default A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper.

On Apr 14, 6:49 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:40:59 -0700 (PDT), BoyntonStu
wrote:

Actually there is more of a mechanical advantage due to leverage plus
the weight of the operator standing over the extended saw handle.

I'm not seeing the advantage, unless you're using two hands or have
Superman's wrist. Can you post a picture?

Based on the pivot points, a long arm fixed to the saw, held my a
short hand, I would see the saw enjoying the mechanical leverage gain.

Think of where the pivot point for a shovel or a wrecking bar is. It's
at the opposite end of the stick from your hand

My plywood is not cabinet grade, it is more like dog-house grade.

You still don't want to ruin it! G

**http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

Imagine a short handled wheelbarrow,

Compared to a longer one, less torque at the wheel applied by the
operator.