Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Energy savings of a ' fridge

On Apr 14, 1:18*pm, ransley wrote:
On Apr 12, 7:09*pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:

ransley writes:
1$ a day! not for a new unit, Get a Kill a watt meter and test one,

I have actual engineering instrumentation and tests, not that toy.

Typical is $1/day.

That "Toy" as you call the KAW meter has quite a few reviews online
stating accuracy is very, very good. I suspect your instrument is off,
or your frige on the bum, since my tests, done on several friges
conform to my utility bill at $0.13 kwh. Even an old unit I have, came
up after a 4 day test at around $11 a month. If yours is really 1$ a
day at near 0.13-$0.16 kwh then something, or a few things are wrong,
Like your defrost timer is locked on defrost sucking an easy *extra
600watts all the time, or freon is low so it never shuts off. $5 a
month is an accurate figure a new 19.5 cu ft top freezer uses. I had a
unit stuck on defrost from a broken clock, it took an extra 5-600
watts, those months we wasted maybe 50$ a month.

Lets see, as the **** ignorant naysayers say, Tankless water heaters
save no money, condensing heat units are bs, CFLs you cant live with,
and refrigerators cost $30 dollars a month at $.014 or so kwh, I say
Bull ****, my tenants pay US$ 20 - 25 a month for electric for a one
bedroom apt, with a 19.5 cu ft new HD Maytag frige and computer and
TV games, I pay about US$ 35 for a house with an OLD FRIGE, , thats
all, folks, in Chgo, and at a fairly high kwh cost of about
$0.14kwh. What a bunch of whineing, dumb ass, weeenies you are on how
to save bucks, morons, more like it. Talk about idiots that cant see
through the clouds. My Neighbor, same size house, paid 700 a month to
heat, I paid about 120, but he is too much of a moron to figure it out
also, just like a few of the folks here. Refrigerators on the
mainland, cant cost $30 a month, unless 15 kids keep em open all day.
**** it away, its only to the utility company, Bushes favorite
personal investment.