Posted to alt.home.repair
larry larry is offline

Default TELEVISION REPAIR?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 14, 11:44 am, (William Hufham) wrote:

Thank You for your reply... Yes, I bought a brand new good cable.
Something I thought might be a clue is the way the tv (once on for a
while) when cut off will not turn back on with a clear picture.
(scrambled black and white, no color) I have to wait at least 10 minutes
to cut it back on with a clear picture. Does that tell you anything? I'm
feel sure that is not normal? Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach
NC)

I understand that money is tight, but you can get a brand new 13"
Color TV for under $60 (try Wal-Mart, Odd-Lot, Job-Lot, etc.) under
$90 with a DVD player.

I don't think you'll get anybody to even try and repair that type of
unit - in fact, you might even find a bigger one pretty cheap at a
repair shop. They often has used units for sale.

Also try your local Craig's List for some bargains.

Good luck!

Or lower, since they and others just got fined for not
clearly marking the obsolete non-dtv tuner sets. After Feb
next year, you can find a lot of sets out by the curb ;-)

-- larry/dallas