Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Spam in this group, Why us?

"Charley" wrote

I forwarded about 50 of "Mr Watches" posts to Google Abuse this morning.
They didn't pay attention to the one complaint that I made last week, so I
decided to let them see what it looked like to get the spam forwarded to
them. I got one abuse complaint number e-mailed back to me (maybe they got
the message?). Only time will tell if they really paid attention. Last

week
they didn't even send me a complaint number.

I sent one complaint, and got back a blank reply from Google ... I'm
thinking they're developing some kind of spam filter they can use on
gmail/googlegroups that will have ample room for built-in advertisements, so
why kill the goose that lays the golden spam/egg?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08