Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "bath clamps/brackets"

In article ,
Ed Sirett writes:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:55:31 +0100, r wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to locate 'bath clamps', basically brackets to fix a bath to
walls at its corners. There were some on our old bath but the new one
came without these things and I can't locate them. Any ideas?

Do you need to?
Silicone, CT1 or FT101 make effective adhesives

Yes, but when you want to take it out, it comes out with half the
wall.

I made some by buying some small L shaped brackets and bending them
into the shape of a question mark to clamp the rim to the wall.
I did also use silicone however.

In one of the bathroom shops, they had some very nice brackets which
screwed to the wall and had a handle you then moved across to clamp
the bath rim to the wall. I asked about buying some, but they were
only for holding the baths on display -- they didn't sell them or
know where to get them from.

--
Andrew Gabriel