Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks Sparks is offline

Default Petrol Pressure Washer

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Mark X wrote:
I notice that Makro are often selling petrol pressure washers cheap.

Is it worth having a petrol version or should I just get an electric
Karcher from B&Q?

Pro's; Much more power usually available 5hp petrol machine = same power
as 3hp electric, most DIY machines are around 2hp max. Work anywhere you
can get water.

Cons; Cheap petrol engines can be trouble, IMO only worth looking at
Honda. Higher service cost. Noisier than electric, cost more to run.
Auto stop/start not possible so engine must be shut down within minutes of
closing trigger gun.

Really? - don't they just have a bypass valve in them, so water is just
pumped in a circle?
My old electric Karcher certainly does this!