Posted to alt.home.repair
zzyzzx zzyzzx is offline

Default Ice Makers

You should be able to just remove it. As an example, my refrigerator
has as an option an ice maker that I can install, and there is an
electrical connector flush to the inside wall that I can connect it
to. Presumaby therewould also be a hole in the refrigerator somewhere
where the water line used to be that you would have to plug.

I am assuming that your ice maker is entirely inside the refrigerator,
as opposed to the type with a feed in the door (which you can probably
also just disconnect, but I personally wouldn't know).