Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Worksharp 2000

"DS" wrote

So i think it's probably normal to purchase a second slotted plate at
$19.99 for different grits.

All I sharpen is chisels and plane irons and, after a few months use of the
WS3000 thus far, haven't found it even necessary to use the two slotted
plates (mine had a "bonus" slotted plate included) that came in the box.

However, I did spring for another glass plate so I could start off with a
coarser grit on some of the old plane irons I've had laying around
unsharpened for years.

The coarser grits also makes it easier to re-establish the proper angle on
those previously, sharpened by hand, edges.

I purchased the leather honing wheel at $29.99. (less 15% on sale
yesterday)

Haven't done that yet, but may pull that trigger with one of the frequent
20% discounts from the local Rockler ... although the patch of hair missing
off my wrist from a chisel sharpened without is just now growing back.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08