Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] mobe@webtv.net is offline

Default Inside dealing?

I'm considering buying a new home in Texas. There are certain
incentives on the house, but even then the house is kind of expensive.
So, we want to negotiate some more off. The salesman said his company
wouldn't be able to take any more off the price (for legal reasons)?
unless we used a Realtor. (I thought the idea of using a Realtor for a
NEW house was kind of odd.) He then suggested a friend of his who could
kick back 1% of the normal 3% commission.

Does this seem strange, or sleazy to anyone? I hope someone can answer
soon, because I've just laid down $3000 in escrow and it's soon to be
irrevocable. (You can E-mail me if you want.)