Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Kenmore Dishwasher, intermittent weak wash and rinse

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:52:08 -0500, Paul Stivers wrote:
I have a Kenmore Ultrawash III dishwasher.
Approx. 15 yrs old.
SN: FD3334919
Model No. 1564990 (I think it's 99. Those numbers are a little worn
on the plate.)
Part No. FD3334919 (From the Sears installation manual. May not be
useful info.)

Sometimes the dishes don't get very clean and there is clearly food
residue left on the dishes. Some "stubborn" food as though the wash
cycle wasn't very effective, and some loose food residue as though
the rinse cycle wasn't very effective. Other times the dishes appear
clean except for a white residue left on the dishes, as though just
the rinse cycle wasn't very effective. Sometimes the dishes come
put fine, but the described problems seem to be getting worse over
time.

Before starting a wash, do you make sure that no dishes are blocking the
rotating sprayer arm?