Bob Mannix

Default Can't turn hot water stop tap!

"PM" wrote in message

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

snip

I fear that, if it's a gas tap that someone used for water, the water

will
make it prone to complete seizure. I have not seen a water tap like

this,
you might be advised to consider changing it. Mind you, the cheap gate
valves always stick (as another poster said). The only real way round

this
is to shut and open them every 6 months, except you never remember :-(

Washing machine valve?

Pete

I know that was a little tongue in cheek, but a serious response is that the
(only?) advantage of gate valves is that they are full (22mm) bore as they
only deal with the hydrostatic head from the header tank. Washing machine
valves, which may have to withstand mains pressure, are not full-bore (in
terms of the 22mm pipes they would be isolating) and would severely restrict
the flow.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)