Posted to rec.woodworking

Default board feet

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote

That'll be enough of that talk Mister. Woodies and beer always went
hand in hand. That's how all the ugly women got to feel good at
closing time. Oh - wait - you said "wood" or beer. Sorry, my
bad...

Here in California we have an airhead legislator who is attempting to
legislate morality by trying to get a law passed to levy an additional
$030/12 OZ can tax.

Don't hold your breath.

Have noticed that a 12 pack has gone from $9.00 to $12.00 in less than
a month.

Wonder if that is the brewer's "fuel surtax charge"?

Lew

Everything with grain in it is going up. It's part of the
feel-good "alternate fuels" plan. Instead of drilling in ANWR, off-shore,
the North Dakota oil fields, or in various other areas of the country in
which significant oil reserves exist, we are taking what should be food,
converting it to fuel with a fairly low efficiency rate and proclaiming
ourselves "green".

We don't have an oil shortage, we have an intelligence shortage.