Posted to rec.woodworking
DS[_2_] DS[_2_] is offline

Default Worksharp 2000

Tanus wrote:
I'm really glad you posted this. I'm one of those guys who can get a
decent edge with water stones, and I was about to respond to you
initially and try to convince you that it's not that hard. Instead,
you've convinced me to take another look at an alternative method.

Judging from your costing above, I figure you've got about $300
invested. I have about the same in my jigs, stones and paraphernalia.
But I can't get anywhere near the results you can in the time you
described. If I take a POS chisel or plane iron, and use my methods, I'm
into an hour or more to get it sharp.

I'll be looking at this toy a bit more closely from now on. Thanks.

For a sharpening idiot like me, the ability get good results so quickly
is amazing.