Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kate[_3_] Kate[_3_] is offline

Default Trip to the sawmill

They look to me like the holes made by borer bees in our area.
Nasty, destructive beasts, will make holes in ANYTHING wood, even got one of
my shovel handles.

We keep after them with pesticide anytime we see them trying to make a
nest.

You might check to be sure you don't have this sort of critter or any of
it's larvae in your treasure trove.

Kate

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"C & S" wrote in message

I did fine some peculiar defects which I'm thinking should be used to
effect
is something, but Im not sure what. I have about 12 hard maple boards with
tap holes. The taps seem to cause a grey stain that travels for a foot
or
two up and down past the tap.

I would appreciate any ideas of how to best use this "feature".

Could make an interesting rustic style furniture. Or maybe a pallet.

I can see a headline next year though. "Maple Syrup Farmer Attacked By
Raging Woodworker"