Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
ransley ransley is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.

On 2008-04-13, AZ Nomad wrote:

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:05:08 GMT, Wayne Whitney wrote:

Startup time for hot water is dominated by the piping length between
the heater and the point of use. *The tankless adds at most 2 seconds
to the startup time. *For a 2.5 gpm shower, that's less that 0.1

bull****. *It adds about a full minute.

We must be talking about different technologies. *On my modern (2006)
gas tankless unit, it is about 2 seconds. *Maybe 3 seconds.

Cheers, Wayne

Give em a bone, add 3-5 seconds to heat from 40 -110, maybe its
longer , but not by much or EF rating would be alot worse than burner
efficency.